Getting Started with Starlink in Jamaica

Originally published at: https://caribbean.dev/getting-started-with-starlink-in-jamaica/

In recent years, Starlink, the satellite internet service provided by SpaceX, has garnered significant attention worldwide for its promise of high-speed internet access in remote and underserved areas. For residents of Jamaica, where internet connectivity might be limited or inconsistent in certain regions, Starlink offers a new and exciting option. This blog post delves into…

1 Like

Starlink is nice but I wish they accepted payment in local currency. Foreign exchange is hard to come by in Trinidad.

Hmmm… well, yea, but if they did, they might have an higher exchange rate than your bank, which would have resulted in you paying more. E.g. Amazon’s exchange rate tend to be more NCB and Scotia exhange rate for JMD. Both banks recommend to do the transactions in USD.

is there a list of certified instalation technicians in Jamaica for Starlink?

Not sure, but I think its an easy installation.

I read the post but it doesn’t say how much to expect to pay customs for clearance. Also what if I got the mobile option would I still need to instead it